Trevor Runway #ThisIsMe – Raising funds to save young LGBT lives
On June 23, 2016 Make it Mariko was honored to be a Bronze Sponsor of the “Trevor Runway”, especially since The Trevor Project is a nonprofit that is very close to my heart and that of my family. I was also excited to get back to my stage production roots to manage the booking, stage performances, and day-of production of the Trevor Runway show.
- Hosted by the San Francisco Ambassadors of The Trevor Project
- Design & Decor: Twitter Events Staff & Blueprint Studios created a custom stage design & backdrop, and we partnered with them to curate a beautiful “orange carpet” (Trevor’s main color) VIP entrance for our guests and performers to make an entrance.
- Marketing: We named the event ‘Trevor Runway’ and came up with the theme #ThisIsMe toencourage our message of being proud to be your authentic self and help validate the feelings of the young LGBT youth Trevor Project serves. The event name ‘Trevor Runway’ can be re-purposed every year with a new theme to go along with the SF Pride. We also created custom cocktail namesto go along with our theme.
- Performances by Misa Malone (Beach Blanket Babylon), Javier Ninja (Vogue dancer, House of Ninja, NYC), and the beautiful ladies of Asia SF & the hit TV docuseries “Transcendent”
- 450 guests
- Catering: Global Gourmet Catering
- DJ: Christopher B
- Photography: Scott Saraceno
- Balloons: SF Balloon Magic
All funds raised from the event benefited The Trevor Project, the nation’s leading suicide prevention nonprofit for LGBT youth. The event raised over $50,000!
#thisisme #thetrevorproject #sfpride
I had to give the Trevor Runway my own little walk & waack 😉 When you see a runway, you strut.