About the Make it Mariko Team
We are an all women-of-color team committed to curating creative, inclusive, and diverse spaces in the events industry. We’re here to challenge the status quo and pave the way for a new generation of diverse event experience curators.
The Make It Mariko team is growing! In 2020 we pivoted to focus on Virtual Event Production and we’ve been so thankful to have a busy client list that keeps expanding. With this new growth, we are looking to open up opportunities for Virtual Stage Managers.
The Virtual Stage Manager will work closely with our all women of color event planning squad. This is a great opportunity for anyone with stage production and event management experience.
Our Team =
- Female founder run, #Pinayistas with 10+ years experience in event planning, nonprofit operations, and corporate marketing/events. Our founder, Gina Mariko, formerly worked at Google X as the Head of Marketing Events and ran her own 501c3 nonprofit.
- We love to mentor, train, and help connect people. We care about your career growth and want to make sure you are successful.
- We appreciate sarcasm, lots of laughter, and direct, honest communication.
- We are nonprofit enthusiasts and care about contributing to the San Francisco POC creative community.
- Super organized, self-driven, and eager to contribute. Over-achievers are encouraged 😉
- Passionate about event production, providing kick ass customer service, and getting shit done.
- Are a big picture problem solver, but willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- SUPER detail oriented. Loves correct spelling and good grammar.
- Can stay calm and make quick decisions under pressure
- Have exceptional communication skills, spelling, and grammar
- Have a passion for life and looking to make your mark on the world! Believe and are passionate about creating magical, meaningful moments for our clients
- QTPOC and Women of Color highly encouraged to apply!
Virtual Stage Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Client Meetings & Briefings
- Attend one prep meeting to learn about the client and context for the event
- Attend one Production All Hands meeting the week of the event
Stage Management & Virtual Experience Curation
- Receive Speakers backstage and do tech checks with them prior to speaking
- Curate the stage flow to make sure we’re producing a smooth, engaging virtual experience
- Update Run of Show as needed
- Communicate with Client Speaker Wrangler to ensure all speakers are Backstage before talks
- Talk Speakers through the virtual event backstage best practices including best way to share slides/presentation
- Speaker Moderation for speaker queue (i.e. when to bring people up at any given time)
- Stage chat moderation
- Answering attendee general questions via chat
- Monitor for any inappropriate comments and flag to the team
- Troubleshoot speaker issues day of
- Collaboration and communication with various client teams and production partners
- Get on video if needed to help speakers or address the virtual audience (not typical)
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must live in the San Francisco Bay Area with ability to work remotely and from our livestream hub in San Francisco as needed for virtual events
- Must be super tech savvy and ably to navigate and learn technology quickly
- Minimum 1-year experience with stage production, event management, and/or customer service
- Reliable, self-driven, and responsive. Overcommunication is key.
- Must be familiar with Google GSuite (Slides, Docs, Sheets, Drive)
- Working knowledge of virtual platforms like Zoom, Twitch, Hopin, Gatherly is a plus
- Knowledgeable in speaking with culturally and community responsive language about QTBIPOC communities and experiences
- Must have own laptop and access to reliable WIFI
- We are constantly booking new clients with needs for Stage Managers, and will reach out to our approved list of Stage Managers once we have gigs.
- June 21-25, 2021 is one confirmed week where we will need Stage Managers, but it’s not mandatory that you are available this week to be considered.
How to Apply:
Submit your application at this form or at the link below. Please prepare the following to submit with your application:
- Cover Letter in the body of the email telling us:
- 1) Why you’re a good fit for this job and your past experience producing virtual events (list the platforms you’re knowledgeable with already)
- 2) Confirming that you’re located in the Bay Area
- 3) Let us know what your current schedule and availability for virtual events is.
Resume in PDF format as attachment
- Resume in PDF format as attachment
- List or links to any past virtual events you have helped produce or manage
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Sunday May 2nd, 2021 with interviews happening the week of May 3rd, 2021.