About Make it Mariko
Make it Mariko (pronounced MAH-ree-ko) is an all women of color Bay Area experiential events agency creating magical, meaningful moments for the community. We are experience curators, community organizers, corporate planners, nonprofit advocates, and event enthusiasts.
We are committed to curating creative, inclusive, and diverse spaces in the events industry to challenge the status quo and pave the way for a new generation of event experience curators. Our company was founded in 2015 by Gina Mariko Rosales and we have a wide network of creative partners, vendors, and clients that we work with throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
We do Experience Design, Planning & Production for:
- Events & Curated Experiences
- Brand Activations
- Launch Campaigns
- Corporate & Community Conferences
- Corporate Leadership Summits & Internal Events (like Holiday Parties)
- Community Festivals (like UNDISCOVERED SF, our flagship event)
Through our wedding collective, POC Wedding Party, we also curate wedding experiences. Learn more about our company values and hear our origin store here: www.makeitmariko.com/about.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Duties may vary week to week, but generally will include:
Event Marketing (25%)
- Work with our in-house graphics designers and oversee graphic design needs for clients
- Manage signage & swag needs for each event including working with designers and printers
- Manage onsite installation and setup/breakdown of signage at events
- Coordinate with photographers & videographers as needed for events and marketing content
- Sponsor activation curation (as needed)
- Write copy for events and marketing materials
- Create creative briefs for event design as needed
- Work on impact focused slide decks for clients
- Utilize our known printing partners, but help us also source new partners
General Marketing (20%)
- Write impact-focused event blogs in partnership with Event Team for Portfolio
- Quarterly email newsletters or as needed based on sales need
- Light social media management via Later.com for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn. 1-2 posts per week, and building community through commenting and sharing community events.
- General website updates via WordPress
- Collaborate across the team to develop creative campaigns for promotion
- Monitor relevant social discussions about the company, competitors, and industry
- Stay abreast of trends and identify opportunities that are aligned with Make it Mariko’s mission
Apps used: WordPress, Later.com, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
Additional Details & How to Apply
Hours & Compensation
- Full Time Exempt position (35-40 hours per week)
- Base Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Monthly stipends for Healthcare, Internet, and Cell phone
- Monthly Wellness stipend
- Annual company trip
- Annual company Anniversary party
- Professional Development opportunities
Location: We will co-work together at least 2 times per week from our San Francisco office, which is currently located at Balay Kreative Studios (863 Mission St) in SOMA Pilipinas Filipino Cultural Heritage District. We are committed to building community in the cultural district with our programming, and are looking for someone who feels equally excited about this work. All other work can be done remotely.
To Apply: Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Your Name / Marketing Events Manager”, and include the following:
- A Cover Letter describing your interest, experience, and background. Please make sure to address the following:
- Why you want to join the Make it Mariko team
- Your relevant experience for this role based on this job description
- What apps you’re already familiar with from those listed above
- Resume (PDFs only)
- Attach or provide a link to a past writing sample and/or event lookbook that accurately reflects your writing and/or design style.
- NO CALLS or DMs. Questions are encouraged during the interview process.