About Make it Mariko
Make it Mariko (pronounced MAH-ree-ko) is a San Francisco experiential events agency led by women of color that creates magical, meaningful moments for the community. We are experience curators, community activators, corporate planners, nonprofit advocates, and event enthusiasts.
We are committed to curating creative, inclusive, and diverse spaces in the events industry to challenge the status quo and pave the way for a new generation of event experience curators. Our company was founded in 2015 by Gina Mariko Rosales and we have a wide network of creative partners, vendors, and clients that we work with throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
We do Experience Design, Planning & Production for:
- Events & Curated Experiences
- Brand Activations
- Launch Campaigns
- Corporate & Community Conferences
- Corporate Leadership Summits
- Community Festivals (like UNDISCOVERED SF, our flagship event)
- Special Events (Holiday Parties, Milestone Birthdays, etc)
- Social Impact Events
Through our sister company, POC Wedding Party (launching soon!), we also curate wedding experiences. Learn more about our company values and hear our origin store here: www.makeitmariko.com/about.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Duties may vary week to week, but generally will include:
Marketing Coordination (100%)
- Social media management for @makeitmariko and @pocweddingparty (launching soon!)
- Use designed templates (in Google Slides) as well as lots of in house photo library to create content
- Come up with creative ideas for posts, campaigns, and hashtags and write creative copy
- Use Later.com to cross post to platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Posting expectations:
- 1-2 posts per week for @makeitmariko
- 2 posts per week for @pocweddingparty
- Instagram stories resharing for both accounts daily
- Respond to messages and comment on partner accounts to build community
- Monthly reporting on statistics, reach, and impact
Additional Details & How to Apply
Hours & Compensation
- Part Time / Contract
- $25 per hour
- Estimated 24 hours per month = $600 per month (or contract rate commensurate with experience)
Location: This is a remote position, but you are invited to co-work with our team from our San Francisco office, which is currently located at Balay Kreative Studios (863 Mission St) in SOMA Pilipinas Filipino Cultural Heritage District.
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Your Name / Marketing Coordinator”, and include the following:
- A Cover Letter describing your interest, experience, and background. Please make sure to address the following:
- Why you want to work for Make it Mariko
- Your relevant experience for this role based on this job description
- Resume (PDFs only)
- Link to your Portfolio
- Attach or provide a link to a past writing sample that accurately reflects your writing style. We are looking for creative, conversational, approachable, Bay Area centric writing. Please do not send formal essays.
- NO CALLS PLEASE.