About Make it Mariko
Make it Mariko (pronounced MAH-ree-ko) is an all women of color Bay Area experiential events agency creating magical, meaningful moments for the community. We are experience curators, community organizers, corporate planners, nonprofit advocates, and event enthusiasts.
We are committed to curating creative, inclusive, and diverse spaces in the events industry to challenge the status quo and pave the way for a new generation of event experience curators. Our company was founded in 2015 by Gina Mariko Rosales and we have a wide network of creative partners, vendors, and clients that we work with throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
We do Experience Design, Planning & Production for:
- Events & Curated Experiences
- Brand Activations
- Launch Campaigns
- Corporate & Community Conferences
- Corporate Leadership Summits & Internal Events (like Holiday Parties)
- Community Festivals (like UNDISCOVERED SF, our flagship event)
Through our wedding collective, POC Wedding Party, we also curate wedding experiences. Learn more about our company values and hear our origin store here: www.makeitmariko.com/about.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Duties may vary week to week, but generally will include:
Administration & Operations (50%)
- General administrative coordination for CEO, Gina Rosales and the Make it Mariko team
- Google Calendar & Email Management
- Scheduling meetings & taking notes to report out to key stakeholders
- Manage team operations via Clickup
- General bookkeeping and receipt organization
- Manage team passwords via LastPass
- Create & organize team templates
- Paying vendor bills via Bill.com
- General office management (current office located at 863 Mission St)
- General research and outreach for events, venues, vendors, or key stakeholders
- Permit coordination as needed
- Collaborate across the team to improve team processes, efficiency, and overall happiness
- Plan fun team retreats & outings
Apps used: Google GSuite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Slides, Sheets, Docs), Clickup, LastPass, HelloSign, Bill.com, Zoom
Additional Details & How to Apply
Hours & Compensation
- Full Time Exempt position (35-40 hours per week)
- Base Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Monthly stipends for Healthcare, Internet, and Cell phone
- Monthly Wellness stipend
- Annual company trip
- Annual company Anniversary party
- Professional Development opportunities
Location: We will co-work together at least 2 times per week from our San Francisco office, which is currently located at Balay Kreative Studios (863 Mission St) in SOMA Pilipinas Filipino Cultural Heritage District. We are committed to building community in the cultural district with our programming, and are looking for someone who feels equally excited about this work. All other work can be done remotely.
To Apply: Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Your Name / Executive Assistant”, and include the following:
- A Cover Letter describing your interest, experience, and background. Please make sure to address the following:
- Why you want to join the Make it Mariko team
- Your relevant experience for this role based on this job description
- What apps you’re already familiar with from those listed above
- Resume (PDFs only)
- Attach or provide a link to a past writing sample and/or event lookbook that accurately reflects your writing and/or design style.
- NO CALLS or DMs. Questions are encouraged during the interview process.