About Make it Mariko
Make it Mariko (pronounced MAH-ree-ko) is an all women of color Bay Area event production & design company focused on creating magical, meaningful moments for the community. We are experience curators, community organizers, corporate planners, nonprofit advocates, and event enthusiasts.
We are committed to curating creative, inclusive, and diverse spaces in the events industry to challenge the status quo and pave the way for a new generation of event experience curators. Our company was founded in 2015 by Gina Mariko Rosales and we have a wide network of creative partners, vendors, and clients that we work with throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
Types of events we work on:
- Brand Launches & Activations
- Corporate & Community Conferences
- Corporate Leadership Summits & Internal Events (like Holiday Parties)
- Community Festivals (like UNDISCOVERED SF, our flagship event)
- Nonprofit Fundraisers
Learn more about our company values and hear our origin store here: www.makeitmariko.com/about.
Fresh off of a 3-month company sabbatical, Make it Mariko is looking to build our new team with refreshed and renewed energy for 2022 and beyond!
About Your Manager: Gina Mariko Rosales
- Hello! I’m a Filipino & Japanese American founder and proud #Pinayista with 12+ years experience in event planning, nonprofit operations, and corporate marketing & events. I was born and raised in the Bay Area and I currently live in San Francisco.
- I worked for Google/Google X for 7 years most recently as their Head of Marketing Events. I also run a nonprofit called Pinayista.
- I’m fresh off of a 3 month sabbatical after a crazy traumatic year, and I’m looking to reimagine my life and my business so that it better serves my new goals of peace, rest, and connection.
- I’m a recovering perfectionist looking to find the right strategic partner who I can trust to manage the day to day client work so I can focus on bigger picture projects, creative direction, and business development. I hope that you’re equally passionate about creating magical, meaningful moments through events as I am.
- I care about your career growth and want to make sure you are successful in this industry. I love to mentor people and make strategic connections/introductions to help meet your goals.
- I appreciate sarcasm, lots of laughter, karaoke, wine nights, and direct, honest communication. I see my team as my family and I love hanging out outside of work.
- I’m a dancer and feel strongly about contributing to the San Francisco creative community.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Event & Project Management (85%)
- Project manage various client events to ensure we’re staying on track for deadlines and deliverables. Communicate directly with our clients, schedule meetings, take notes at client meetings, and follow up with updates and action items.
- Venue & Vendor research & proposal creation for client presentations
- Vendor quotes & contract review
- Work with graphic designers to create design assets for events & swag
- Write copy for events and marketing materials
- Event design & layout creation, including designing spaces for ideal attendee experience
- Work with event sponsors to design custom brand activations
- Accounting & budgeting for events and receipt organization
- Manage Day-of Coordination independently including clean up and vendor load out
- Permit coordination with various city agencies (will provide training on this)
- Build relationships with community leaders, vendors, and industry event partners
- Collaborate across the team to improve team processes, efficiency, and overall happiness
- General research, planning, and outreach for events, venues, vendors, or key stakeholders as needed
- Eventually manage an Event Coordinator
Apps used: Google GSuite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Slides, Sheets, Docs), Clickup, LastPass, Dubsado, Bill.com, Zoom (training will be provided to learn new platforms)