About Make it Mariko
Make it Mariko (pronounced MAH-ree-ko) is a Bay Area event production & design company creating magical, meaningful moments for the community. We are experience curators, community organizers, corporate planners, nonprofit advocates, and event enthusiasts.
We are committed to curating creative, inclusive, and diverse spaces in the events industry to challenge the status quo and pave the way for a new generation of event experience curators. Our company was founded in 2015 by Gina Mariko Rosales and we have a wide network of creative partners, vendors, and clients that we work with throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
Types of events we work on:
- Brand Launches & Activations
- Corporate & Community Conferences
- Corporate Leadership Summits & Internal Events (like Holiday Parties)
- Community Festivals (like UNDISCOVERED SF, our flagship event)
- Nonprofit Fundraisers
Learn more about our company values and hear our origin store here: www.makeitmariko.com/about. Make it Mariko is always looking to build our team and we’re excited to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
These will vary week to week, but generally will include:
Event Coordination (85%)
- Venue & Vendor Research and Estimate/Quote Comparison
- Create client facing presentation decks using Google Slides to present vendor & venue options using in house templates
- Create rentals & decor lookbooks with furniture rentals lists
- Take notes at client meetings and follow up with notes & action items
- Use ClickUp to manage tasks, approvals, and time tracking (will provide training)
- Help outreach and find new vendors and clients
- Sending calendar invites
- Attend Make it Mariko events and assist with event set up and styling, including table setups, gift tables, food & dessert stations, tablescapes, signage, etc.
- Manage vendor day-of coordination independently
- Assist with clean up and strike at the end of each event
- Professionally represent Make it Mariko at all events